Furlough NewsFrom 1st of July, the level of grant will be reduced meaning employers will need to contribute more as they must continue to pay furloughed employees 80% of their wages, up to a cap of £2,500 per month for the time they spend on furlough. Here’s a guide to what it looks like in July.
Government contribution: wages for hours not worked
70% up to £2,187.50
Employer contribution: employer National Insurance contributions and pension contributions
Covid-19HSE will be carrying out spot checks in areas where transmission rates are increasing. For more information watch this quick video below.
Menopause @ Work
Top tips on how to support employees in the workplace and avoid discrimination:
- Introduce a menopause policy or integrate the menopause to your existing policies and procedures for absence, flexible working, performance and disciplinaries.
- Raise awareness and create a culture where everyone feels more comfortable talking about the menopause.
- Reassess the working environment. Look at work allocation, breaks from workstation, available counselling, mindfulness resources, comfortable uniforms and workplace temperatures.
What is your diversity and inclusion strategy?Pride is more than 1 month, this month we have been supporting clients with their diversity and inclusion strategy and how to create a business that enables a diverse workforce without fear of prejudice. Contact your HR team to find out how you can become a more inclusive, diverse and welcoming employer!
Is it for you?
Hybrid working is happening everywhere, but is it right for you? It isn’t a new concept but has been turbocharged by the pandemic. We’ve put out top areas below.
- Employees want it – will keep you attract and keep a diverse pool of talent.
- It makes employees happier – more productive, lest stressed and more control in their lives.
- Fewer people in the office – not only keeping it safe but potentially reducing your rent!
Issues to watch out for
- Fairness – can you keep everyone happy with the arrangement?
- Inclusivity – can you make sure everyone’s voice is heard even if their not on site?
- Collaboration & Innovation – video calls aren’t the best for creativity and some tasks are better when in a room, rather than a screen.