At 20:30 on Monday 23rd March 2020 the UK Prime Minster announced further measures to help reduce spread of Coronavirus COVID-19. The country has in essence been placed into ‘lockdown’, and during the announcement Boris Johnson told the nation to only leave home for the following:
- Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequent as possible.
- One form of exercise a day (social distancing rules apply) – alone or with members of your household.
- Any medical need / care for vulnerable person(s)
- Travelling to and from work, only if absolutely necessary and can not be done from home.
- Working from home
- Short term working – reduced hours or pay
- 3 months pay at 80% from the government – period of Furlough.
- Lay employees off
- Asking employees to take annual leave
- Asking employees to take unpaid leave